Vulcan Font Update • Uzhaya t’Hiktra ik Zun

Many thanks to all of you who have volunteered to test Zun. Pre-release version 7.2 has been sent to you. Please let me know via a mail to skladan •at• korsaya •dot• org if you have not received it yet via e-mail.

Thank you again and if you would like to join the testing group now for the first time, please request a package at the address above.

Wa’itaren na’kanok-veh ik ki’shetal rivlidalsu na’nisan t’Zun. Ki’pusatal fe-toyeht uzhaya ik 7.2 na’du. Kuv wiri ki’lasha — sanu — ro’fah’voh fna’raf-ar’kada-sakat na’ skladan •na’• korsaya •sfek• org.

Itaren va’ashiv heh kuv sanoi ta i’shetau uzh-kisu t’nissutra — sanu — ya’akash’voh fna’mestaya-yut abru’la.

This entry was posted in Vulcan Font, Vulcan Language News, Vulcan Script, Vulcan Writing. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Vulcan Font Update • Uzhaya t’Hiktra ik Zun

1. T-Mynn says:

Hello everyone,

o’Briht’uhn, I’ve sent you an e-mail correspondance about ZUN 7.2, and it looks great. I only wish the font can transfer into this space.

Great job on the font Brith’uhn. Its a wonderful project.

dif tor-heh smusma
    s’T'Mynn

2. Briht’uhn says:

oT’Mynn

Marom venk ik kup la’is-tor n’Zun svi’nash-shi hi nemuyauk iyi-ek’mishan bovik t’Terra ri-hiyet nuh’ping pa’abuli-kitaya-torektra na’lof fitor.

What an excellent idea regarding using Zun here on the site, but sadly current everyday Terran technology falls a bit too short in terms of vertical writing systems to implement it.

I’m so glad that you’re getting some use out of it otherwise, though, and I very much appreciate your comments and assistance with the beta-testing.

Wa’itaren va’ashiv..

s’Briht’uhn

3. T'Mynn says:

.oBrith’uhn-

Wa’itaren va’ashiv. Your words honour me. I’m here to serve, if you require more merely ask.

Did tor-heh smusma.

sT’M'ynn

4. T-Mynn says:

oBriht’uhn,
    sochya en dif. I:ve been thinking about writing systems that might be able to handle t’zun’s vertical orientation. Why not use the Chinese or Japanese coding. I don’t know if it’s a software encoding for the keyboard or the computer.

What is your opinion?

Dif tor-heh smusma.
    sT’Mynn

• Briht’uhn says:

oT’Mynn —

I assumed that the vast majority of the font’s user base would not have access to software that can lay out Japanese and/or Chinese text. Also, both of those are locked into a top to bottom & RIGHT to LEFT orientation. Vulcan is not. It also occurs top to bottom and LEFT to RIGHT.

Your idea is not a bad one, and if there is a big need it is possible for me to create a different version, but I would only do that if the user base can demonstrate that it would make things much easier for them.

Does that make sense?

s’Briht’uhn

5. T-Mynn says:

oBriht’uhn-
    Wa’itaren. I’m pleased you considered my idea,and your logic is sound. If the need isn’t there to produce the program,why do so unless it’s merely an academic pursuit. Maybe present the question to current user,see what the response is,and go from there. I’m learning much from your responses in Golic Vulcanand English, which aids in me getting used to sentence syntax, and actually trying to formulate words in Golic.
    Dif tor-heh smusma
    sT’Mynn

• Briht’uhn says:

Sanoi ta ma ong ik telv-tor n’nash tala na’du.
      I’m pleased that reading this is valuable for you.

6. T-Mynn says:

Thank you for sharing all this knowledge.

7. Sidzhan says:

oBriht’uhn –

Rok-tor nash-veh ta ma tu rom-muhl’es.

Ki’aitlun nash-veh ya’akash — feirek-tor du bikuv abru’la? Saudau Seleya nam-tor na’los’rak. Nam-tor n’kahr na’gas’rak ra? Maut-vaksurik.

Sochya na’tu,
    s’Sidzhan

• Briht’uhn says:

oSidzhan—

Cha’i t’klem. Ha. Ki’fereik-tor nash-veh sa’awek. Nam-tor nash-kahr glenon-li-fal goh. Sos’eh nam-tor vi’le-eshan ShiKahr.

8. hikikomorihime says:

In case no one knows yet: It does work in GIMP.
    I am using the font to create flashcards for language learning on StudyDroid