Forum • Svatorai

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tonkpeh Vuhlkansu / Hello Vulcans!
Fo-t'Haran
Uzh-Kisu
Post Tonkpeh Vuhlkansu / Hello Vulcans!
on: February 3, 2018, 19:05

Hello everyone, I've come here to greet everyone and share speakvulcantome.tumblr.com ; recently I've decided to not just translate phrases, but to learn the Vulcan language, the grammar is fascinating and the root-word phonology is explanatory in so many words, in ways I can't describe.

There are courses for Vulcan on memrise.com if you need other places to learn. I plan in a year to start an only-vulcan language thread here if able and only reply back-and-forth with others in the language. I'm open to that now, but if not, okay too because I'm not fluent yet.............!

If this obsession pans-out, I'll have new materials to share plus my hobby speakvulcantome.tumblr.com and should vli institute's site vanish again, that too.

I'm going to update this thread every X days on my calendar to keep everyone updated - because I'm obsessed, oddly enuf, I want to establish Vuhlkansu, then saturate Tlingansu, then see if developing Rihansu is still possible... and it'll definitely be cleaner for archives if to keep status/progress updates on a thread instead of starting cluttering new forum topics.

Sochya eh dif.
Vu dvin dor etwel.

Sochya eh dif.
(speakvulcantome.tumblr.com)

T'Prion
Post Re: Tonkpeh Vuhlkansu / Hello Vulcans!
on: February 4, 2018, 10:36

Your project is very ambitious but definitely fascinating!
Thank you for keeping us updated

Kup kitau eh kilko-tor etek svi’Vuhlkansu la

Sochya eh dif

Dif-tor heh smusma

Fo-t'Haran
Uzh-Kisu
on: February 14, 2018, 19:43

I'm stumped -
I'm sorta confused getting the proper phrasing svi'Vuhlkansu because the english grammar seems self-referencing for me to get the order right - the quote is

"The one self-knowledge worth having is to know one’s own mind." by FH Bradley,

and wanted to translate it, but "worth having is" seems like three verbs in a row, then "one's own" seems like i could omit 'one's' and nam-tor can be stated by describing the noun, is it

"Kerik ma fai-tukh t’shai goh fai-tor kashek t’du."

or am i missing it....?

Sochya eh dif.

Sochya eh dif.

T'Prion
on: February 15, 2018, 12:44

I think your translation is right, often we can’t translate exactly all the words in Vuhlkansu and so we need to get creative, but your translation is perfectly understandable to me.

Dif-tor heh smusma

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.31.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.034 seconds.

Comments are closed.